Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Enduring thoughts

I started thinking about enduring ideas. I started by looking at the words themselves. what are the meanings of "enduring" and "idea". I looked at dictionary definitions, the roots and origins of the word, and found a quote I enjoy about ideas.


From here I decided to do a mind map of some of the qualities of "enduring" and see where that lead me.

I quickly realized that the page I was working on was going to end up being far too small so I started over and expanded my central thought from "enduring" to the whole concept "enduring ideas"
There are several things that came out of this exercise that I am going to investigate further in fleshing out a single idea for the project: the idea of archetypes as cross cultural enduring "forms" is incredibly appealing to me. The other one is "courage" or "bravery". I'd like to see where that one could end up going.

No comments:

Post a Comment