Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Class review; March 9th

The "You Are Beautiful" project is well under way. We met in groups again today and discussed details of the project. Solidified the dates, clearly stated our objective (raise awareness about self esteem issues around body image and boost confidence by engaging people in photo shoots with positive enforcement in the form of a sign with the slogan "you are beautiful" and supported with the website). I worked all week on the web site and got it up and running with all of the information from the group I have received to date inserted.

http://youarebeautiful.x10.mx/

The class discussion today was centered around Buddhist truths. I do not have issue with the truths, I do however, think there are ethical problems with bringing religion into the classroom and disguising it as a discussion related to a larger theme. For this reason, I will not include details of these discussions in this journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment